The (Food and Agriculture Organization) FAO job vacancy is for National Project Personnel – Project Coordination. The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger. FAO helps developing countries in transition modernize and improve agriculture including livestock, forestry and fisheries practices, ensuring good nutrition and food security for all. Upon request from the Government of Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal, the FAO has provided technical assistance for the execution of the entitled “Strengthening Capacity to Harness Positive Effects of Migration (FMM/GLO/133/MUL)”. The Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Development (MoALD) with its outfits is the government counterpart responsible for the implementation of this project. The details for FAO Job Vacancy is as follows:
Objectives of National Project Personnel – Project Coordination FAO Job Vacancy
Provide needful technical expertise to carry out tasks as envisioned in the Terms of References (TOR).
The National Coordinator will work under the overall supervision of the FAO Representation office of Nepal and direct technical supervision of the Rural Migration Officer who coordinates the Programme at the global level and the Migration and Rural Development Consultant FAO-Headquarters in close collaboration with the Senior Policy Officer of the Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific and the “Socio-economic inclusion, rural poverty and gender equity” team. He/she will report to the FAO immediate supervisor of the FAO CO as well as to the technical team at the Regional Office in Asia and the Pacific and Headquarters.
The National Coordinator will work in close collaboration with relevant UN agencies and in consultation with the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Development, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Labour, Employment and Social Security, Provincial and local governments and other relevant ministries and institutions.
1. Rapid assessment on migration patterns (return of male migrants, restricted mobility etc.) and gender roles
2. Capacity building trainings for local government’s extension workers and farmers
3. Policy dialogue across line ministries and between federal and provincial authorities
4. Gender-sensitive entrepreneurship development
Tasks and responsibilities
The National Coordinator will be responsible to carry out the following tasks:
• Assume overall technical responsibility for the smooth implementation of the activities in accordance with the project documents and the TOR;
• Prepare and submit inception reports with plan of actions and timetable as well as tools of the implementation (how the projects will be implemented and how various aspects will be considered);
• Coordinate with the professional staff in FAO Nepal, RAP Regional Office, and HQ involved in the implementation of the sub-programme, assist with the work plan and development of the programme activities and coordinate actions through regular exchanges, knowledge management, and capacity building activities;
• Manage the day-to-day implementation and monitoring of the sub programmes’ activities in Nepal, including organizing workshops, trainings and periodic meetings; liaising with national and local governments, UN agencies and other stakeholders; fostering partnerships and overseeing the process of policy dialogue promoted by the subprogram me;
• Coordinate the development and roll-out of studies, capacity development tools, inputs provision and decent employment and agribusiness training activities including liaising with the service providers, reviewing reports and providing technical support on migration, gender, youth employment and/or agriculture;
• Contribute to the development of information and communication materials of the subprogram me, and coordinate knowledge management activities to guarantee adequate access to information for all relevant stakeholders through different communication means;
• Coordinate and assist the missions, trainings and virtual/in-person consultations conducted by international consultants and FAO staff by processing the administrative procedures and coordination with relevant governmental agencies, UN agencies and national stakeholders;
• Prepare and submit reports on progress of sub programme’s implementation at national level as well as the final report;
• Collaborate with other existing social-economic inclusion, migration, gender and decent employment related interventions in Nepal that may bring collaborations and partnerships;
• Support resource mobilization efforts, including preparation of concept notes.
• Perform duties as advised by the lead consultant in relation to the achievement of the project objectives.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• National of Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal
• An advanced University Degree in Migration, Development Studies, Social Sciences, Agricultural, Natural Resource Management, Economics
• At least five years of work experience on migration and rural development and/or migration and gender
• Fluent in both written and spoken English, knowledge of Nepali language is considered an asset
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• The expert shall have competency and demonstrated practical relevant experience on migration, gender and rural development. In particular, the National Coordinator should have experience in supporting policy processes, multi-stakeholders dialogue and delivery of field activities in the areas of migration, gender and rural development.
• Extent of relevant technical experience in the areas related.
• Ability to manage and work with a multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
• Proven experience in policy support and project management in the areas of migration, rural development, gender and agriculture.
• High degree of team ethic, well-organized, result focused and dynamic personality.
• Previous experience of working with UN agencies is an asset.
• Proven experience in policy assistance and/or programme management in the areas of migration, gender, rural development and agriculture
• Good project planning, implementation, reporting and monitoring skills
• Proven skills on supporting policy dialogue, multi-stakeholder processes and the delivery of the field level activities including trainings and design of training curriculum
• Good computer skills
• Good communication, reporting and presentation skills